Boasting approximately 1.5 million square feet of office space, 100,000 square feet of retail space, and a 213-space public parking garage, Citadel Center is a Class A premier mixed-use tower located in the heart of Chicago.
With its premier location between two subway lines at the nexus of Chicago’s public transportation system, Citadel Center is located in one of the most sought-after locales in the area. The site was opened in 2003, and it boasts a suite of features that include:
- 14" raised floor plenum HVAC system for adjustable air distribution, cable and wire management.
- Highly efficient floor plates of 33,500 net rentable square feet.
- Separate ComEd substations equipped with automatic transfer switches, offering redundant electrical supply to the building.
- Telecommunications infrastructure which offers a large riser capacity, access for multiple vendors, and rooftop technology platform.
- 9’6” ceiling heights with floor-to-ceiling vision glass.
- Electrical capacity of 10-12 watts per square foot.
- The ability to provide above standard cooling for data centers and high occupancy use.
Citadel Center perfectly showcases Dearborn Capital Group’s ability to capitalize on lucrative real estate investment opportunities.
Our accomplishments include:
- Created utility savings of $600,000 annually by re-commissioning and upgrading building infrastructure.
- Reduced operating expenses by $450,000 annually through judicious elimination of unnecessary labor.
- Reduced property insurance expense by $100,000 annually using Hines insurance.
- Reduced expense leakage to ownership by $276,000 annually through appropriate reallocation of recoverable expenses.
- Minimized ownership capital contributions through careful and efficient cash management.
- Achieved LEED Silver certification in 2011.
- Achieved Energy Star award in 2010.
- Created strong tenant relationships with all office and retail tenants.
- Increased uptime reliability of base building HVAC infrastructure.